My Account will be unavailable
Friday, March 23 after 5 p.m. until Monday, March 26 7 a.m.
as we upgrade our servers
Online Access to Your Ames Municipal Utilities Account
This is a feature that allows you to view your account history. If you need to start utility services in your name use this form.
If you currently have a login, click here and sign in with your account number and password.
- Your current utility bill.
- From your current utility bill you will need to know the:
- Account Number
- Billing Date
- Due Date For New Charges
- Account Balance
This information is available on both the main portion of your bill and the return portion (bottom third) of your bill. Look under the heading, "Account Information" for your account number, billing date, and due date for new charges. Look under the "Account Balance" heading for the account balance. An explanation of a typical utility bill can be viewed at Understanding Your Utility Bill [PDF].Registration Process:
- On the Welcome to My Account page, click on the “Register My Account” link. You will be redirected to a sign-on page.
- At the top right click "Create New User."
- Fill in required fields.
- An email will be sent to your registered email address.
- Follow the instructions in the email.
- Log into your account using your email address as the username and the password you created when registering your account.
- Then click "Edit Master Account" on the menu at the left.
- Then click "Add Account."
- You will need a copy of your most recent bill to complete registration. Enter the requested information off of your current bill. If a new bill has been printed, but not received yet, you may need to contact our office at 515-239-5120 to get that information.
- If you have more than one utility account, you may register each account here.
It provides you with on-line access to detail information about your utility account 24 hours per day, seven days a week. At your convenience, you can view your account to find the answer to your routine billing or usage question. You can access the following information:
Account Information – View your account information, including account status, account balance, last bill sent and last payment received.
Payment History – Display your account’s payment history, including pending payments.
Consumption Report – View your consumption history for each metered service, including last reading, average daily usage, and period usage.
Consumption Summary Graphs – Generate a graph of your consumption during the past three years by type of metered service. Graphs can be displayed by period or by year.
Billing History – View your account billing summary for the previous three years including bill date, due date, balance forward, current charges, and total bill amount. Click a bill date to view a billing statement that provides detailed usage and charge information for that period.
Service Summary – Display the average charges for each type of service. View a graph of your previous twelve months charges by type of service.
Account Maintenance – Change your PIN or email address.
Master Account – If you have multiple utility accounts, you can associate the multiple accounts under a master account. This will allow you to access your multiple accounts via a single sign-on.