Rummage RAMPage provides everyone the opportunity to get rid of unwanted stuff. Clean your house and help your community! Save the earth! You can do ALL these things by getting involved in the annual Rummage RAMPage, a community wide sale.
To donate items:
1. Self drop items at the Ames Intermodal Facility, 129 Hayward Ave., during designated Rummage RAMPage drop-off hours (see below).
2. Register for curbside pick-up. Pick-up service will be available for Ames residents who want to donate items but have no way to transport them to the ramp. Advance sign-up and pre-pay by credit card is required for curbside pick-up (with limitations on the amount of items). Click here to sign up for pick-up service.
3. If you need to donate items prior to July 26 (the pick-up date), you can drop them off at the Resource Recovery Plant, 110 Center Ave., any time during normal business hours. The items will be stored until the event and then transported to the event. Please indicate that the items are for Rummage RAMPage when dropping them off.
Resource Recovery Plant hours are 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, and 8 a.m. - noon Saturday.
There is a charge (as there is for pick-up service) to drop off items at Resource Recovery of $10/car load or $25/truck load.
These items are accepted at the Rummage RAMPage:
- Entertainment centers
- Coffee tables/footrests
- Bedroom furniture (dressers, headboards, bed frames, night stands, etc.)
- Small Electronics
- Toasters, blenders
- Mini refrigerators
- Televisions – flat screen ONLY
- Laundry baskets
- Storage bins
- Glasses, cups
- Baking sheets/pans
- Miscellaneous utensils
- Sporting equipment, including bicycles (but not bicycle helmets)
These items will be accepted and donated (not sold) to designated agencies (i.e., blankets will be donated to Ames Animal Shelters, school supplies will be donated to Blast Back to School event, etc.):
- Linens (blankets, towels, sheets)
- Clothing and shoes
- School supplies
- Non-perishable food
These items are NOT accepted:
- Any items that no longer can be used
- Mattresses/box springs
- Bed pillows
- Tube/console televisions
- Household hazardous waste
- Expired/perishable food
- Large appliances
- Bicycle helmets
- Car seats
- Wall art
- Holiday decorations
Rummage RAMPage 2019 will be held:
Item Drop-off ONLY
• Friday, July 26, noon - 6 p.m.
Sales and Drop-off
• Saturday, July 27, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Sunday, July 28, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Monday, July 29, noon - 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, July 30, noon - 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, July 31, noon - 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 1, noon - 6 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 2, noon - 6 p.m.
Half-Price Sales (no drop-off)
• Saturday, Aug. 3, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Ames Intermodal Facility, 129 Hayward Ave.