Party Planning

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Please show courtesy to your neighbors by letting them know when your event will start and when it will end. Also, give them your contact information, and encourage them to call you first with concerns.
  • To exceed the maximum level of sound, submit an application for a noise permit to the Ames Police Department at least 24 hours prior to your event or by noon on Friday. An additional five decibels may be approved.
  • Requests may be made to suspend parking restrictions or regulations for special public and private events by contacting the Public Works Department at least 24 hours in advance. To request a temporary parking waiver, contact the Traffic Engineer at 515-239-5160.
  • If you are planning to tap more than one keg of beer during your party, a permit is required from the Ames Police Department. The permit must be applied for 24 hours in advance. A pre-party inspection is required. Keg beer is prohibited in Ames parks.
  • For more information about parties, call Ames Police at 515-239-5133 or visit