- If yard meter was not included on original plumbing permit, the plumber must apply for another permit through the Inspections Division.
- The contractor or property owner must complete (or have already completed) an Application for Municipal Utility Service.
- Once the plumbing work is complete and a separate bell wire for the remote reading register has been installed, call the Inspections Division to schedule an inspection.
- After the inspection is complete, contact the Water Meter Division at 515-239-5151 to schedule an appointment to have the yard meter installed. Note: A monthly charges is assessed for yard meters.
- Click here for additional information on obtaining a yard meter.
Last Updated: January 28, 2019