The City of Ames, through Paymentus Corporation, offers a quick and easy payment option for customers interested in paying their utility bill by credit or debit card or electronic check. Paymentus is a third party automated payment processor that accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and Electronic Check payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Payments can be made in amounts up to $450 per transaction. Multiple transactions can be made if you need to pay more than $350. Paymentus will charge a $3.50 service fee for each transaction. The fee covers payment handling and processing charges incurred by Paymentus. The City of Ames does not receive any portion of the service charge.
What Information Do I Need To Use This Service?
- Your City of Ames utility account number. Your account number is located on your utility bill. Your account number is composed of two sets of numbers separated by a hyphen. The set of numbers before the hyphen is a customer identification number (CID) and the numbers after the hyphen are the location identification number (LID).
- Your credit/debit card or your checking account information.
- Valid E-mail address for confirmation receipt (Online Payments Only).
How Do I Use This Service?
- Click PAY NOW to pay online or
- Call toll free 1-877-778-3348 to pay by telephone.
- The next business day after your payment for payments made prior to 7:00 p.m.
- The second business day after your payment for payments made after 7:00 p.m.
Please note: If your account is subject to disconnection or has been disconnected for non-payment, you will need to contact the Customer Service office 515-239-5120 with your payment confirmation number.