City Hall and all other City facilities are closed to the public as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19. The closures will be effective after 5 p.m. Thursday, March 19, and will continue through May 15, 2020. City staff will continue to report to their offices and serve the public. Residents are encouraged to conduct City business online or by contacting individual City departments directly. Residents who are unsure how to conduct their City business may contact the City’s customer service hotline from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 515.239.5670.

Keg Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Keg Permit - Unless you obtain a permit from the Ames Police Department, you may only tap one beer keg at a time during your party. To obtain a permit you will have to go through a short briefing with the Police Department's Alcohol Enforcement Team. The purpose of the briefing is to provide you with information relating to your legal obligations when making alcohol available to others, and to help you plan for a successful, socially responsible party. There is no charge for a permit. See Chapter 17.27 of the Ames Municipal Code.