The City of Ames offers two types of support for improving non-residential buildings in a portion of the Main Street Cultural District (Eligibility Area):
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 22, 2019
- Matching grants of up to $15,000
- Professional design assistance of up to $1,000
Downtown Urban Revitalization providing abatement of additional property taxes for improvements
Qualifying improvements for either improvement program must follow the Downtown Design Guidelines. One section of the guidelines applies to non-residential buildings that are generally more than 50 years old and were built with the historic retail commercial storefront. Another section of the guidelines applies to all other non-residential buildings in the eligibility area.
Funding available. If interested, please use the Staff Contacts link at the left to reach Kelly Diekmann.
- Downtown Facade Grant Summary
- Application Packet for Downtown Facade Grant
- Application Packet for Downtown Urban Revitalization
- Gallery of Completed Projects
- Illustrated Summary of Downtown Design Guidelines
- State Historical Society of Iowa Grants
- Tax Incentives for Rehabilitation