The City of Ames offers two types of support for improving non-residential buildings in a portion of the Main Street Cultural District (Eligibility Area):
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 21, 2020
- Matching grants of up to $15,000
- Professional design assistance of up to $1,000
Downtown Urban Revitalization providing abatement of additional property taxes for improvements
Qualifying improvements for either improvement program must follow the Downtown Design Guidelines. One section of the guidelines applies to non-residential buildings that are generally more than 50 years old and were built with the historic retail commercial storefront. Another section of the guidelines applies to all other non-residential buildings in the eligibility area.
Funding available. If interested, please contact Benjamin Campbell at 515-239-5400 or email@example.com.
- Application Packet for Downtown Facade Grant
- Downtown Facade Grant Summary
- Application Packet for Downtown Urban Revitalization
- Gallery of Completed Projects
- Illustrated Summary of Downtown Design Guidelines
- State Historical Society of Iowa Grants
- Tax Incentives for Rehabilitation