2019 ADULT FALL SOFTBALL PROGRAM & REGISTRATION INFORMATIONWelcome to the City of Ames Parks and Recreation 2019 Adult Softball Fall League! Below you will find registration information for the upcoming season. We appreciate your interest and participation in this league. If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Jacob Perkins at 515-239-5367 or email@example.com. Once again, welcome! We hope you and your teammates have an exciting and fun season!
|DIVISION||DAY||LEVEL OF PLAY||# GAMES||DATES||GAME FEES*|
|Men's||M||B/C1||12|| August 26 - October 7
|Men's||TU||C3||12|| August 27 - October 1
|Men's||W||C4||12|| August 28 - October 2
|Men's||TH||C2||12|| August 29 - October 3
|Coed||F||C1/C2||12|| September 6 - October 11
|Coed||SU||C3/C4||12|| September 8 - October 13
|*Non Resident Fee of $15 per player and ASA Fees are not included in this total|
LEAGUE SERVICES AND FEES
League fees include minimal field maintenance (no chalking), one umpire, balls and administration. These leagues will not offer awards.
ASA registration is $30/team. Non resident fee is $15 per non resident player. These fees are to be paid in addition to league fees. The ASA fee does not need to be paid if your team is already registered with ASA in 2019 (Must be the same team name and division)
The Ames Parks and Recreation Commission and City Council established a $15.00 non-resident fee for all adult athletic league participants residing outside Ames city limits. Non-residents do not pay City property taxes, yet utilize City facilities and programs; therefore, the Commission and Council determined that an additional fee should be assessed. This $15.00 shall be paid for each softball season (summer and/or fall) a non-resident player participates in at the time league fees are submitted.
1. Weeknight games may be played at 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 and 9:00 PM at South River Valley Softball Complex depending on the number of teams. Sunday games may be scheduled between 1:00 and 9:00 PM.
2. A maximum of eight teams will be accepted per league (except Sunday Coed C) on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please indicate a second choice on the registration form.
3. Actual league assignments may vary from the above based on number and type of requests.
4. Past performance in leagues may be taken into consideration when the Parks and Recreation Department makes final league assignments. We cannot guarantee all requests.
5. Scheduling will consist of one doubleheader per week for 6 weeks as the number of teams allows.
TEAM AND PLAYER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. All players must be 17 years-of-age at the start of league play.
2. Individual players may play on more than one team, if they are in accordance with the following rules:
a) A player may play on only one team in his/her league.
b) A player's second team must be in the same level (B or C).
c) A man playing on a Men’s C League team may play at any level of Co-Ed.
d) A man playing on a Men’s B League team must play Co-Ed C1.
3. Priority in placement will be given to "resident" teams. (A "resident" team is considered one with over 50% of its members living in the City of Ames or Ames Community School District.)
Click the link below to register. Remember: Men's and Friday Coed leagues are limited to 8 teams. Registering does NOT guarantee you are signed up. Parks & Recreation staff will contact all teams on the status of their registration as the deadline approaches. If your 1st choice is full, we will try to put you in your 2nd choice league.
LEAGUE FEES DUE DATE:
League Fees will be due at the time of the Manager’s meeting on Tuesday, August 13. Teams will not be put on the schedule until league fees are paid in full.
MANAGER MEETINGS, DEADLINES & DATES TO REMEMBER
League Registration Deadline: Friday, August 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Men’s & Co-Ed Managers Meeting: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 6:00 PM at the Gateway Administration Office, 1500 Gateway Hills Park Drive
Reminder: League fees, ASA Fees, Roster, & Non-Resident Fees due at manager's meeting.
Rosters may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Games Begin Week of August 26
Thursday Men's C2 (updated 8.26)
Friday Coed C2 (revised 8.28)Adult Sportsmanship Rating Guidelines
All bats used will get a City of Ames 2019 Sticker on the first night of play. Any bat used must be on the APPROVED list and NOT on the NON-APPROVED list. To check the lists, click on the links below:
Thank you for your interest in our softball program. If you have any questions please call Jacob Perkins at 515-239-5367 or email email@example.com