As a Division of the City of Ames, Inspections is highly committed to continuous improvement and to providing exceptional service at the best price. Significantly high numbers of phone calls and scheduling requests have recently required the Inspection Division to evaluate its scheduling process.
As always, our Inspectors are available to complete inspections during two-hour windows from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Also, Inspection requests for concrete footing, foundations, and/or walls; water heaters; furnaces; and outside open trench work will continue to require a minimum two (2) hour advance notice, but additional advanced notice is always appreciated.
However, a few small changes (highlighted in red) in the scheduling process have become necessary to help accommodate all customers with timely and efficient inspections. Requests requiring an advance notice of one business day will be scheduled as follows (subject to inspector availability):
* Requests received between 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon will have an inspection scheduled between 9:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. of the following business day.
* Requests received between 12:00 noon and 3:30 p.m. will have an inspection scheduled between 1:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. of the following business day.
* Requests received after 3:30 p.m. will have an inspection scheduled out two business days.
* Rather than accommodate specific requests for inspection times, the Inspection Division will follow the above guidelines for two-hour inspection windows.
* Rather than inspectors calling ahead to verify availability, it is the expectation that customers will be prepared and onsite during the two-hour inspection window.
* Inspections anticipated to take longer than a two-hour inspection window may require more than one business days' notice. Please coordinate with your inspector before scheduling these requests.
The Inspection Division is proud of the level of service it provides its customers, and we continue to feel confident that our response time to your needs meets or exceeds what you may experience in other neighboring jurisdictions.
Thank you for your understanding,
Scott Ripperger, Acting Building Official