City Hall and all other City facilities are closed to the public as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19. The closures will be effective after 5 p.m. Thursday, March 19, and will continue through May 15, 2020. City staff will continue to report to their offices and serve the public. Residents are encouraged to conduct City business online or by contacting individual City departments directly. Residents who are unsure how to conduct their City business may contact the City’s customer service hotline from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 515.239.5670.

Temporary Sidewalk Signs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Temporary Sidewalk Signs, also known as "sandwich board" signs, are allowed in the Downtown Service Center (DSC) and Campustown Service Center (CSC) Districts in the city of Ames. Information about temporary sidewalk signs may be found in Section 21.134 of the Municipal Code.

The application and supplemental materials may be submitted to the City Clerk's Office.


Application for Temporary Sidewalk Sign

Blank Indemnification Agreement
(Please insert address and applicant/owner information)

Sample Letter
(to be signed by property owner if applicant does not own the property)