City Hall and all other City facilities are closed to the public as a precaution against the spread of COVID-19. The closures will be effective after 5 p.m. Thursday, March 19, and will continue through May 15, 2020. City staff will continue to report to their offices and serve the public. Residents are encouraged to conduct City business online or by contacting individual City departments directly. Residents who are unsure how to conduct their City business may contact the City’s customer service hotline from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 515.239.5670.

Temporary Obstruction Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Temporary Obstruction Permits are necessary when portions of a public right-of-way (sidewalk, street, parking, etc.) will be blocked temporarily for events such as, but not limited to: construction projects, renovation or repair, or sidewalk sales.

Please read Section 22.4 of the City of Ames Municipal Code (beginning on page 22-2) before completing the application.

A Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Ames as an additional insured with comprehensive general liability limits in the amount of $500,000 combined single limit shall be in full force and effect during the life of the permit. A copy of the current insurance certificate shall be maintained on file with the City Clerk.

Application for Temporary Obstruction Permit