SPECIAL MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
AND REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
AMES CITY HALL
FEBRUARY 11, 2020
CALL TO ORDER: 5:15 p.m.
FY 2020/21 BUDGET WRAP-UP
1. Council Budget Presentations:
a. Public Art
b. Arts Funding (COTA)
c. Human Services (ASSET)
d. Outside Funding Requests
e. Other Requests
2. Public Input on Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) and Budget
3. Final Council Decisions:
a. Amendments to 2020-2025 CIP, if desired
b. Vote on motion to approve 2020-2025 CIP, as amended
c. Amendments to FY 2019/20 Adjusted Budget, if desired
d. Vote on motion to approve Adjusted Budget for FY 2019/20, as amended
e. Amendments to proposed FY 2020/21 Budget, if desired
f. Vote on motion to approve proposed budget for FY 2020/21, as amended
g. Motion to set February 25, 2020, as date of public hearing to adopt a Maximum City Property Tax Levy for FY 2020/21
h. Motion to set March 10, 2020, as date of final public hearing on Adjusted Budget for FY 2019/20
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING*
*The Regular City Council meeting will immediately follow Budget Wrap-Up.
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
1. Motion approving payment of claims
a. Class E Liquor License with Class B Wine Permit, Class C Beer Permit (Carryout Beer), and Sunday Sales - Wal-Mart Supercenter 4256, 534 South Duff Ave
b. Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Buffalo Wild Wings, 400 South Duff Avenue
c. Special Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales - Stomping Grounds, 303 Welch Ave.
d. Special Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales - Wing Stop, 703 South Duff Ave #101
9. Resolution approving preliminary plans and specifications for Unit 8 - Precipitator Roof Repair and Replacement; setting March 11, 2020 as bid due date and March 24, 2020, as date of public hearing
11. Resolution approving preliminary plans and specifications for University Apartments - Electric Service Replacement; setting March 12, 2020 as bid due date and March 24, 2020 as date of public hearing
a. Resolution approving Change Order No. 2 with Synergy Contracting, LLC
b. Resolution accepting completion
a. Resolution accepting transfer of right-of-way (Quit Claim Deed)
b. Resolution approving Plat of Survey
a. Resolution accepting transfer of right-of-way (Quit Claim Deeds)
b. Resolution approving Plat of Survey
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
18. Resolution approving policy regarding parking meter waivers for special events
a. Resolution approving waiver of parking meter fees and enforcement, usage and waiver of electrical fees, and waiver of fee for blanket Vending License for Ames Main Street from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
a. Resolution approving waiver of parking meter fees and enforcement, usage and waiver of electrical fees, and waiver of fee for blanket Vending license for Ames Main Street from 3:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
a. Resolution approving suspension of parking regulations and enforcement in the Downtown from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and require reimbursement for parking meter fees from the Local Option Sales Tax fund
PLANNING & HOUSING:
22. Clarification of motion regarding Growth Scenarios in Ames 2040 Plan
24. Resolution approving an Amendment to the Purchase Agreement with Habitat for Humanity of Central Iowa granting a time extension to the construction completion date and the closing date for property at 3305 Morningside Street
25. Resolution approving Proposed 2020-21 Annual Action Plan Program Projects and proposed budget in connection with the City’s Community Development Block Grant programs
26. Resolution approving FEMA grant Funding Agreement with the Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management for Flood Mitigation - River Flooding Project
27. Hearing on 2019/20 Traffic Signal Program (Lincoln Way & Beach Avenue)
a. Motion accepting report of no bids
28. Second passage of ordinance rezoning 2800 E. 13th Street from Agricultural “A” to General Industrial “GI”
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL: