REGULAR MEETING OF THE AMES CITY COUNCIL
COUNCIL CHAMBERS - CITY HALL - 515 CLARK AVENUE
DECEMBER 10, 2019
CALL TO ORDER: 6:00 p.m.
1. Proclamation for 19th Amendment Centennial Commemoration, Calendar Year 2020
2. Proclamation for Mary Greeley Medical Center (MGMC) Week in recognition of MGMC receiving the 2019 Malcolm Baldrige Award of Excellence, December 15-21, 2019,
CONSENT AGENDA: All items listed under the Consent Agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Council members vote on the motion.
3. Motion approving payment of claims
a. Class C Beer Permit Class B Wine and Sunday Sales – Casey's General Store #2298, 428 Lincoln Way
b. Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales – 1 Night Stand, 124 Welch
c. Class C Liquor License with Sunday Sales – Cyclone Liquors, 626 Lincoln Way
d. Class B Liquor License with Sunday Sales – Quality Inn & Suites, Starlite Village Conference, 2601 E. 13th St.
e. Class C Liquor License with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales – Café Beau, 2504 Lincoln Way
f. Class B Beer with Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales – Torrent Brewing Co LLC., 504 Burnett Ave - Pending Dram Shop
a. Motion authorizing staff to sign Iowa Department of Transportation Title VI Site Review Tool
b. Motion approving U.S. Department of Transportation Standard Title VI Assurances
c. Resolution authorizing appointment of Deb Schildroth as Title VI Coordinator
a. Resolution terminating Healthy Life Center Agreement with Mary Greeley Medical Center
b. Resolution terminating Healthy Life Center Agreement with Story County
c. Resolution terminating Healthy Life Center Agreement with Heartland Senior Services
13. Resolution authorizing Mayor to submit Letter of Support requested by Iowa State University regarding AraNet Advanced Wireless Research Proposal and committing to allow network infrastructure in the right-of-way and cooperate in finding appropriate locations for transmission equipment on electric poles, street lights, and traffic signals
18. Resolution accepting partial completion of public improvements and reducing security for Sunset Ridge Subdivision, 6th Addition
PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on this agenda. Please understand that the Council will not take any action on your comments at this meeting due to requirements of the Open Meetings Law, but may do so at a future meeting. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public; however, at no time is it appropriate to use profane, obscene, or slanderous language. The Mayor may limit each speaker to three minutes.
PARKS & RECREATION:
19. Request to name the park on the site of the former Edwards Elementary School as Tahira and Labh Hira Park
PLANNING & HOUSING:
20. Resolution approving Demolition Permit for 120 Lynn Avenue
21. Hearing on proposed amendments to the Zoning Code regarding stacked driveway parking for single-family and two-family dwellings:
a. First passage of Ordinance
a. First passage of Ordinance
a. Resolution approving vacation of Easement
Motion accepting report of bids Resolution approving final plans and specifications and awarding contract to Happy Commercial of Ankeny, Iowa, in the amount of $152,800
25. Second passage of ordinance regulating massage establishments
26. Staff Report regarding partnership with Podujevo, Kosovo
DISPOSITION OF COMMUNICATIONS TO COUNCIL:
27. Motion to hold Closed Session as provided by Section 20.17(3), Code of Iowa, to discuss collective bargaining strategy:
a. Resolution ratifying 2020-2023 Collective Bargaining Agreement with Public, Professional, and Maintenance Employees Local 2003
b. Resolution approving Memorandum of Agreement with IUOE Local 234 regarding Water and Wastewater Operator and Assistant Operator classifications
Please note that this Agenda may be changed up to 24 hours before the meeting time as provided by Section 21.4(2), Code of Iowa.