|Residential Sales Questionnaire|
|Definitions of Important Terms and Abbreviations Used|
|Residential Sales Book [PDF]|
|Residential Sales Summary by Quarter|
Information contained in this list is gathered from a variety of public and private sources. The Assessor's Office believes it to be accurate, but no guarantee of the accuracy or completeness of the information is made. This listing is compiled and regularly updated for the use of the Assessor's office in establishing and maintaining market value assessments. It is made available in this format as a public service. Updates, corrections, and revisions are made at the convenience of the Assessor's office. Any use of sales information for inclusion in an appraisal report or other document without additional verification is not recommended.
Sales included are believed to be arms-length transactions. If you are aware of conditions which may have affected a particular transaction, or if you detect errors in the list, please contact the Ames City Assessor's Office as soon as possible so subsequent lists may be corrected.
Commercial sales are now searchable via our Beacon website at the following website:
Recent commercial sales may not be immediately available but will be presented on the Beacon site as they are processed by the City Assessor's office.
- Each report below is first sorted by parcel ID number and then by sale date (instrument date).
- The reports listed below covers sales from 2005 up to February 2013.
- If you would like a sales summary sheet for 2001-2004:
- Call 515-239-5370
- Email CityAssessorInfo@city.ames.ia.us
- Commercial Sale Summaries (Last Updated 02-08-2013)
Residential Sales Questionnaire
If you have recently completed the purchase of a home and have been requested to visit this web page by our office, please find the residential sales questionnaire available below.
You may submit the completed form by printing and sending via USPS or delivering in person to:
c/o Ames City Assessor
515 Clark Avenue
Ames, IA 50010
Definitions of Important Terms and Abbreviations Used
|Abbreviation||Definition / Notes|
|Reference #||The Assessor's filing number.|
|Inst|| Refers to the type of instrument.
• WRD or warranty deed (most common)
• WD (FHA or VA)
• OTH (other)
• CTR (contract)
• COD (court officer deed or change of title)
• NEW (new cost, to indicate the first transfer of a new house)
|Area|| The total area of the above-grade living area.
Commonly referred to as GLA or gross living area.
1. Type of garage.
|FB||Refers to full and 3-fixture baths.|
|HB||Refers to half or 2-fixture baths.|
|BB / BH|| Refers to the same types of baths
but located in below-grade finished areas
|FP||Number of fireplaces.|
|Bsmt||Total basement area in square feet.|
|%Fin||Percentage of basement area with full or partial finish.|
|Exterior1||Refers to the primary type of exterior finish.|
Residential Sales Book
Residential Sales Book Updated 01-17-2018
Residential Sales Summary by Quarter
Residential Sales Summary by Quarter Updated 10-18-2018
- The Residential Sales Summary includes sales data for One-Family Detached (including some but very few townhouses), One-Family Attached (townhouses), and Condos.
- Information on Duplexes and Conversions has been excluded.
- Data has been summarized by quarter and year according to the month and year the deed was executed.
- Recent quarters may include unverified sales information.
- All sales are subject to correction.
- Recent sales may not be included; new houses are not included until after they have been inspected or estimated as per plans and specifications.
- This report is formatted as a pdf file.