Commercial sales are now searchable via our Beacon website at the following website:
Recent commercial sales may not be immediately available but will be presented on the Beacon website as they are processed by the City Assessor's office.
Residential Sales Questionnaire
If you have recently completed the purchase of a home and have been requested to visit this web page by our office, please find the residential sales questionnaire available below.
You may submit the completed form by printing and sending via USPS or delivering in person to:
c/o Ames City Assessor
515 Clark Avenue
Ames, IA 50010
Residential sales are now searchable via our Beacon website at the following website:
Recent residential sales may not be immediately available but will be presented on the Beacon website as they are processed by the City Assessor's office
Residential Sales Summary by Quarter
Residential Sales Summary by Quarter Updated 04-30-2020
- The Residential Sales Summary includes sales data for One-Family Detached (including some but very few townhouses), One-Family Attached (townhouses), and Condos.
- Information on Duplexes and Conversions has been excluded.
- Data has been summarized by quarter and year according to the month and year the deed was executed.
- Recent quarters may include unverified sales information.
- All sales are subject to correction.
- Recent sales may not be included; new houses are not included until after they have been inspected or estimated as per plans and specifications.
- This report is formatted as a pdf file.