The majority of our life-saving programs are funded through donations. This includes paying for critical medications, specialized treatments, emergency surgeries, special dietary needs, supplies for our foster program, enrichment items, housing and transportation improvements, and many more things our furry friends need to be comfortable while waiting for their forever homes. Without the generosity of donors, these programs would be underfunded or nonexistent!
Want to make a donation to help the homeless animals at our shelter?
Click the button below to make a donation through our USAePay portal!
Checks can be made payable to Ames Animal Shelter and mailed to Ames Animal Shelter, 515 Clark Ave., Ames, IA 50010.
You can also make a donation in person at our facility, 325 Billy Sunday Road, Ames, IA 50010.
The Ames Animal Shelter will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or organizations without your permission, except when applicable by law.
Would you rather donation the supplies we need? Our Amazon Wish List is available HERE
Our Wish List
· Feline Royal Canin Babycat Wet and Dry Food
· Feline Purina Pro Plan Kitten Wet and Dry Food
· Tidy Cats Non-Clumping Litter
· Tidy Cats Clumping Litter
· Kennel Stretch & Scratchers (https://www.stretchandscratch.com/)
· Feline Purina One Indoor Advantage Dry Food
· Feline Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Wet and Dry food
· Feline Friskies Pate Wet Food (fishy flavors!)
· Canine Iams Minichunks Dog Food
· Timothy Hay
· Rabbit Pellets
· Guinea Pig Food
· Grassy Mats/Hidey-Holes
· Geber Second Stage Chicken & Gravy Baby Food
· Canned Salmon, Tuna, & Chicken
· Ziplock Bags
· Batteries (AA, AAA, D, 9-Volt)
· White-Out Tape
· Gift Cards (Brekke’s Town & Country Store, Treats on a Leash, Walmart, Theisens)
· Liquid Laundry Detergent
· Paper Towels
· Dishwashing Detergent
· Towels & Washcloths
· Dry Erase Markers
· Post-It Notes
· Fleece Material for Pet Beds