We offer a wide variety of adult sports leagues, cultural events, wellness and youth recreational programming for your whole family to enjoy.
Please explore our facilities and the opportunities we offer. You are sure to find something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Georgie Tsushima Memorial Skate ParkAmenities:
- Skate Park
- City Facilities
- Parks & Recs Facilities
- Specialized Parks
Georgie Tsushima Memorial Skate Park located in Brookside Park at 1330 6th St is a great place for beginner and expert skaters to work on their skills, meet other skaters and enjoy the fast-growing sport of skating.
This 10,425 square foot skate park features sever grinding rails, various ramp sizes, stairs and fun boxes. The facility is non-supervised and is open from daylight to 10:30 PM for skateboard and in-line skaters. For your safety, protective equipment is recommended - helmet, wrist guards, elbow & knee pads.
BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED (Minimum of $50 fine, Ames City Ordinance 19.14).
The skate park was designed to accommodate skateboards and inline skates only.
It is NOT SAFE for bicyclists, and bikes will damage the facility.
- Children 12 and under should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Skate within your ability level.
- For your safety, protective equipment is recommended -- helmet, wrist guards, elbow and kneepads.
- When the skate surface is wet or icy, it is dangerous and you should not skate.
- Food and drink should be kept in the spectator viewing area only.
- Spectators, for your safety, please remain in the designated seating areas.
- In the event of an emergency, a free phone call to 911 is located in the parking lot of Brookside Park.
- To report reckless skaters, unsafe facility conditions, please telephone Parks & Recreation 239-5350.