Georgie Tsushima Memorial Skate ParkAmenities:
- Skate Park
- City Facilities
- Parks & Recs Facilities
- Specialized Parks
Georgie Tsushima Memorial Skate Park located in Brookside Park at 1330 6th St is a great place for beginner and expert skaters to work on their skills, meet other skaters and enjoy the fast-growing sport of skating.
This 10,425 square foot skate park features sever grinding rails, various ramp sizes, stairs and fun boxes. The facility is non-supervised and is open from daylight to 10:30 PM for skateboard and in-line skaters. For your safety, protective equipment is recommended - helmet, wrist guards, elbow & knee pads.
BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED (Minimum of $50 fine, Ames City Ordinance 19.14).
The skate park was designed to accommodate skateboards and inline skates only.
It is NOT SAFE for bicyclists, and bikes will damage the facility.
- Children 12 and under should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Skate within your ability level.
- For your safety, protective equipment is recommended -- helmet, wrist guards, elbow and kneepads.
- When the skate surface is wet or icy, it is dangerous and you should not skate.
- Food and drink should be kept in the spectator viewing area only.
- Spectators, for your safety, please remain in the designated seating areas.
- In the event of an emergency, a free phone call to 911 is located in the parking lot of Brookside Park.
- To report reckless skaters, unsafe facility conditions, please telephone Parks & Recreation 239-5350.